The 2009 Rose Bowl features the Trojans of USC against the Nittany Lions of Penn State. Both teams come in with a record of 11-1, SC having lost to Oregon State and Penn St losing to Iowa. The Men of Troy are representing the Pac-10 and the Nittany Lions are representing the Big Ten. Both teams are among the top ten college football programs of all time.
Notes and news on the game:
- USC fullback Stanley Havili is academically ineligible, so D.J. Shoemate will get the start.
- Pete Carroll promises not to fight JoPa.
- Damian Williams and Stafon Johnson are both 100 percent.
- Aaron Corp has moved ahead of Mitch Mustain to be the number 2 quarterback for SC.
- Tight end Blake Ayles will not play because of a knee injury.
- Safety Kevin Ellison will not play because of a knee injury.
- The legend Joe Paterno shows why he epitomizes the old-school coach (must-see picture of his shoes)
- JoPa will be coaching from the press box.
- Both schools claim to be Linebacker U.
- Brian Cushing explains why he chose USC over Penn State.
- Rey Maualuga predicts the game will be very close and come down to the 4th quarter.
- Penn State talks some old-school trash.
- bodog has USC favored by 10.
In the Bowl Challenge Cup the Pac-10 is doing better than the Big Ten.
Filed under: Aaron Corp, Brian Cushing, College Football, Football, Men of Troy, Mitch Mustain, PAC-10, Rey Maualuga, Sports, Stanley Havili, Taylor Mays, Trojans, University of Southern California, USC, USC Football, USC Logo | Tagged: bowl-challenge-cup, PAC-10, rose-bowl, USC-Penn-State | 6 Comments »