- 4 large baking potatoes
- 8 slices of bacon crumbled, or 3 oz bag of bacon bits
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Wash the potatoes and allow to dry. Lightly coat the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle the entire potato with Kosher salt.
- Setup the BGE for indirect cooking and get the temperature to 375. Bake for 1 hour. Turn the potatoes every 20 minuets.
- Place bacon in large skillet, cook until evenly brown. Drain and crumble. You may omit this step if using bacon bits.
- Peal and dice the garlic and place in small sauce pan with the 1/2 stick of butter. Lightly brown the garlic and allow the mixture to cool.
- Remove potatoes from the BGE and allow to cool for 10 minuets.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside of the potatoes, leaving about 1/4 inch of potato attacked to the skin.
- Save the potato that was scrapped out and place in a large bowl. Add the whipping cream, sour cream, butter and garlic, 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the green onions, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix by hand until well blended.
- Fill each of the potatoes with the mixture. Top the potatoes with the remaining cheese, green onions, and bacon.
- Place back in the BGE for 15 minuets at 350. Note: this picture shows the potatos on the BGE along with a tri-tip roast being cooked at the same time.
Other BGE recipes:
Filed under: Barbecue, Barbecue (BBQ), Bbq, Big Green Egg, Big Green Egg Recipes, Cooking, Food, How To, Smoking and Grilling | Tagged: Big Green Egg, big green egg recipe ribs apple juice, prime rib on the big green egg, tri tip on big green egg |